Monday, May 01, 2006

Pro-Tip

Included in this post are four photos all illustrating one reason why I should not leave freshly laundered sheets on my dining room table for too long a time.

To the left you'll see my cat Tuesday waking up from a pleasant nap on my clean sheets. She sees it as her job to test out anything soft in our house for its "nap-ability." She also likes to get her hair on everything.


You'll note that Tuesday's face in the above photo is the groggy "uh-oh, I might just be in trouble now" face. From there to save herself (because her usual cat-quick skills of running-like-hell failed) she entered Plan B of her "get out of trouble" skills: Act Cute.

So you'll see in the photo on the right the first stage of the Act Cute phase. She rolled around while purring loudly. Oh yes yes, disable me with your cuteness. If she is able to conquer me with cuteness, I won't yell or spray her with water. This first part of Acting Cute also means not making eye contact with me. Cats can be dumb and intelligent at the same time.


Obviously it's working - since I went to get the camera. Damn!


From the rolling stage Tuesday then enters the Make Eye Contact and Act Cuter Stage. For a second I freaked because that stage at one point (see at the left) looked similar to the Use The Bathroom Stage. But she was just re-positioning herself, thankfully. Tuesday continued her assault on my disciplining, slowly disarming me with cuteness. She's a true professional.




The final stage is one where Tuesday realizes she is going to be moved. She hunkers down, still using cuteness, but holds on for dear life. The fresh sheets are worth fighting for. The slightly crazed look in her eye is also a reminder that if I decide to use force, she will use her own force of sharp teeth and claws.

Obviously she didn't realize she'd already won. There I was photographing her for doing something bad. She was still shooed off the table, but the whole cat-nap did not result in any disciplinary action. You win this round, Tuesday.

3 Comments:

Blogger amberance said...

So. Freakin. Cute.

She's not even my cat and she's defeated me.

May 01, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Oh, that's a great play-by-play description of her behavior!

You could put the dishes on the bed and see if the same thing happens...

May 01, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger d said...

well-played, Tuesday! :)

May 02, 2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home