Thursday, May 11, 2006

Story-telling

For those of you in my neck of the woods - here's an event you might like to see. I'm participating in the Stoop Storytelling show on June 15th.

The theme is traveling, and so the organizers figured my time spent as a disaster reporter would give me ample story fodder - and that sure is the truth.

Anyway, the reason I'm publicizing this now is because these shows sell out very quickly. Both their past shows have sold out well in advance - even one to two weeks before showtime. So, if you're interested, get your tickets now.

I went to the last Stoop show and it was really, really cool. They invite some awesome story-tellers and the audience even gets to tell a few stories as well. The stories are funny, sad, thought-provoking and more. Plus there's live music and food - just an all-around fun event.

So, if you're around that Thursday, check it out!

/end plug

4 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

I guess we can't have this in Florida since we haven't got stoops!

Actually, I think there are a couple of places that have storytelling events and when the Branch and Blossom are older I will take them.

May 11, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Amy Sens said...

I went last time and it was very good.

The band beforehand was great, too--Caleb Stine and the Brakemen.

May 11, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

That sounds awesome-- wish I could be on your side of the country for it! Whee!

May 12, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

Aw man! I totally thought you were going to tell us a story right now!

May 15, 2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home