Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weekend

Oh man, what a weekend. I haven't been that busy in a long time. Every moment was pretty much full of us doing something. Friday night was spent with friends, one of which then whipped Amy and I into shape Saturday morning with a walk that was in no way leisurely. She was a speed-walker. I'm the type of walker who enjoys exercise, but I also stop a lot to look at birds and plants and what-not. So on this walk I looked like the 3-year-old who kept lagging behind. Yet at least she kept me on my toes by not only walking too fast, but also by pointing out bird calls and having me identify them.

Saturday afternoon was then spent at a wine festival with friends. I drank a lot of wine and learned while I was at it. D has some photos of the day, which I'm sure are hilarious.

Saturday night was then spent showing some friends the amazing cinematic masterpiece that is "Anchorman" because they had not yet seen it. God, I love that movie. And you have a absolutely breath-taking hiney. I mean that thing is good.

Sunday I went on a hike with friends in the mid-morning. That was a blast because we saw a waterfall and got exercise and jumped up and down on a swinging suspension bridge and climbed on rocks, etc... Then from there I went to the Baltimore Museum of Art to check out an exhibit on Matisse's "Jazz" book. Our improv troupe is doing a show at the BMA next Thursday and the theme is that exhibit. So we were doing our homework. Then we wandered into the Modern Art section and saw some odd things and I got scolded by a security guard for standing too close to one of Andy Warhol's giant camouflage paintings and saying, "Hey, can you guys see me?"

Also, in honor of the suckfest movie that is "The DaVinci Code," I took a photo of Warhol's "The Last Supper." I think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't read that book. I'm not interested in seeing the movie, either.

I don't know why. Is it Brown's poor writing style? Maybe. Tom Hanks' borderline ugly mullet? Perhaps. I don't know, it's just too hyped.

Anyway, this week is busy, too. But I'm looking forward to the weekend, which will be spent camping at a state park. Woo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Let's form a club: I, too, am completely uninterested in the book and movie. My unwillingness to get involved quite likely stems from peoples' sad inability to discern the fact that they're engaging with a *fictional thriller.* Woooh (that was meant to be a scary ghost noise).

May 23, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Sens said...

So, I'm going to have to find someone else to go see it with me?

May 23, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger d said...

Amy, I'll go see it with you. I doubt Darren is interested.

May 23, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger d said...

And, speaking of, a little tid-bid from "overheardinnewyork.com" (as overheard in a dressing room):

Girl #1: So the entire time i'm watching this movie, I'm like, what is the Holy Grail? They never explain what it is. And I'm thinking it's probably like, some kind of trophy or something...? Like maybe a fashion trophy...? Or something...?

Girl #2: Uh huh.

Girl #1: Yeah but no, it turns it out it actually has to do with like, Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene or something.

Girl #2: So it was like... Jesus's trophy?

May 23, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

...I got scolded by a security guard for standing too close to one of Andy Warhol's giant camouflage paintings and saying, "Hey, can you guys see me?"

This is what makes me miss hanging out with you.

Zwieblein - I want to join the club! I've never worked up the desire to read the book, and the movie version of a book I don't even want to read can only be more lame. I'm wary of anything that resembles "Come on, everyone is doing it!" It's why I've still never seen Titanic. (Also because I already know the boat sinks at the end.)

May 23, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

I have no desire to read the book or see the movie. Maybe because I have little interest in organized religion.

Disorganized religion, well, that's another story!

May 23, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Eric M said...

Geez, I'm a lose. I read the book on the way over here. I don't think his writing style is poor, just mediocre. Nothing really special. But it was a good way to make 8 painful hours go away. So it's worth something.

I then used it to wipe my backside.

May 24, 2006 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home