Monday, June 05, 2006

Covered in dust

Alright, sure - I didn't give you an update on my camping weekend. That's because we finally gained access to our new house last Wednesday and thus a flurry of carpet-tearing and hardwood floor sanding ensued. I'm still finding sawdust on myself despite numerous showers.

And let me tell you something. If you're my mom or dad, please cover your eyes and don't read this (although my mom may feel the same since she helped):

F*ck purple carpet. F*ck all carpet, for all I care. If I never rip carpet out of a home ever again, my life will be a wonderful existence full of puppies and rainbows and kittens wrapped in diamond shawls. To the previous owners of our home: What the f*ck were you thinking? No, seriously. WTF? You are crazy.

Beyond that, I'm just fine. I'm sore in places I never knew had muscles, but such is home improvement, right? Also, if you'd like to earn some money, go buy some stock in Home Depot right now. Do it. I'm sure we pushed up their price this weekend, but we'll make it go further. So go buy some.

Soon I will have the entire Home Depot layout memorized. Soon I'll know all their associates by name. Soon they'll greet my wife and I by name each time we enter.

Otherwise, I'm fine. I'm glad we're doing this work ourselves (and with the help of our awesome amazing friends who don't mind doing this stuff with us). Also, I frickin' mowed my own lawn on Saturday. I mowed my own lawn. With a lawnmower that I put together. Also, I chiseled some concrete to fit in a drain grate. Did I mention that I mowed my own lawn. Because I did. I mowed it.

Totally frickin' awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Oddly enough, I'm jealous. Not about ripping up carpet, but the other stuff: yes.

June 06, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Oh c'mon, Heather, you're a tough chick! You tore up ROOFING for cryin' in a bucket! A little bit of carpet should be a breeze!

Some home decorating ideas should be felonies. Purple carpet surely tops the list.

June 13, 2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home