Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Move Update

Okay, I'm not quite to the point of moving that I described earlier - where I'd stuff everything into one box and yell, "I DON'T NEED ANY OF THIS CRAP!!" But we're getting close.

Also, doing home renovations is teaching me quickly that you may have a set number of projects in your head, but as you do them you'll discover at least 34 other ones that should be done sometime soon.

In the good news department, the worse-for-wear-looking weed wacker left in our basement by the sellers has been found to work! It's the small things, really. A friend and I took it out on Saturday, plugged it in and cheered when it roared (okay, whirred is more like it) to life. Free weed wacker! Woo!

Also, last Friday was the day when we put on the final coat of polyurathane. I'll warn you now, doing your own home renovations brings out joy and violence to the do-ers. It's the joy and pride when you realize you've completed a challenging project and it looks great. It's the violence that will appear when you realize what you'd do to someone who in any way messes it up. This past week I've told about 10 people that should anyone ever scratch our newly refinished floors - they will promptly be stabbed with a butter knife. I don't know why my friends back slowly out of the room whenever I mention that. I like to think it's because of respect.

Up next: painting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric M said...

They know you're a Moyer and you'll follow through.

June 15, 2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger d said...

And now you understand my threats regarding my baby iBook. Not that I created my iBook, but it's the same feeling...

June 15, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Eric M said...

I have an IBook, too, and I *would* kill for it.

June 16, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

PAINTING IS AWESOME! I haven't painted in a month. I'm going through withdrawal.

June 17, 2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home