Thursday, July 20, 2006

Music

People will buy anything. Today I received proof of that (beyond my own occasionally odd purchases) via an email.

I've been selling some of my used CDs and books and crap on Half.com. I love that site. And when I started listed my stuff on there, it was interesting to see what was selling for how much.

What shocked me the most was how much people were selling the soundtrack for the movie "Powder." You know, that movie with Jeff Goldblum and Mary Whatsherface with the albino kid who's really smart. I bought that soundtrack after seeing the movie because I loved the music. All instrumental, cool stuff.

Yes, I own the Powder soundtrack.

Anyway, I bring it up because people on Half were selling it for a decent amount of money, and there were only a few copies. With a little more research I figured out that this soundtrack was now out of print, making my copy worth more money than I paid for it. I laughed my ass off. Of all the CDs I own to become more valuable, it was the soundtrack to the albino Einstein movie.

So I listed my copy for way more than I think it's really worth and laughed again. No way anyone will ever buy this, I thought.

Until today. I got the email this morning: "You've made a sale!"

Someone bought my copy of the Powder soundtrack for $45. Which is a deal considering how much the used copies are going for over at Amazon.com. People will buy anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Wow, you should be on Antiques Roadshow.

July 21, 2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home