Monday, August 07, 2006

Crazed

I forgot to mention that I had my first Red Bull energy drink ever a week back. Or actually, my first ever two sips of Red Bull energy drink - that's all I could handle.

It tastes like liquified Sweet Tarts mixed with Mountain Dew and 20lbs of sugar. Probably has the same effect. In any case, two sips and I could feel my pupils dilating and hear my heart beating in my ears. Caffeine and I don't mix well. I used to drink Mountain Dew like it was water back in high school - until my stomach finally just said, "No, this is not right" and refused it from there on out.

I can only imagine what an entire can of Red Bull would do to me. I would think it might rival that one and only time I ever took Vivarin. Ashley knows all about that one. It was freshman year of college. The Vivarin took three hours to kick in, and by that time I'd already finished the big paper I thought would take me all night to write. I remember feeling nothing as I got ready for bed at 11pm, but then when I tried to lay down, my eyes would not shut and there was an odd grin plastered on my face. I felt half-crazed.

Commence personal anarchy for another four or five hours. All I remember about it is that after trying to work it off by running full-speed up and down the dorm hallway in my pajamas, Ashley thought it would be funny to sit me down in front of the computer to write down everything that came into my head. What came out was a crazy essay which I still have today. It's this freakish stream-of-conciousness that includes such topics as what I think it would be like to be a washcloth and a personal reflection on whether I could oscillate as well as your average, everyday oscillating fan.

Never again, Vivarin, never again.

5 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

So could you? Oscillate, I mean. Better than the average fan...

August 07, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger H said...

Sean, I'll see if I can find it tonight. I know I have it in a folder somewhere. I warn you, though, it's very weird.

August 08, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Viraj said...

i agree with sean. You should post this essay up here or something.

August 08, 2006 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too vote for letting us read this essay.

Jeff S

August 09, 2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

I want the essay! In June, I had my first experience, after driving for 14 hours or so across the desert, of one of those crazed coffee drinks. I made it home, but was disgustingly sick for the entire day-- felt as if someone had sneezed in my stomach. Never again, says I.

August 11, 2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home