Monday, August 28, 2006

I apologize

Look, I realize that this blog sometimes skirts the line of "THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT MY CAT!1! LOLZ!!1!" at times, but I still had to post this.

Look at that face. That face is why I can't get mad at her when she does something bad or rotten.

For example, this morning she introduced a new game to the house. The name of that game is
"Freak Me Out by Bringing Giant Huge Ugly Crickets Upstairs from the Basement to Chase, Play with and Possibly Eat."

This game was played twice this morning. And yeah, it's not really her being bad, but I certainly don't enjoy having these giant, freakish crickets showing up in front of the couch while I'm waking up and watching ESPN. Thank God for Amy the bug killer. Normally I'm not afraid of crickets. My bug fear is reserved for spiders, and rightfully so. But these crickets are worthy of some fear because of their size. Plus, Tuesday is one of those cats who follows her instinct and plays with her prey, slightly maiming it and removing legs at will.

So I'm stuck hoping she won't let the damn thing jump under the couch or some furniture before my favorite Minister of Death can come downstairs to dispose of it. Plus, I'd rather not come home each day to a house full of possibly hidden giant crickets, with her thinking we'd also like to play "Find the Giant Huge Ugly Cricket." It's more entertaining when we hear her thumping and skittering around the basement after the things.

Don't worry, Tuesday did not get scolded for this new game. In fact, we continued our reward system based on when she finds bugs in the house. She got a treat for each cricket found, even though she returned to the spot where the cricket was last seen both times to look around. She looked rather disappointed that we'd taken her fun away.

In return I fully expect her to deposit some of these crickets in our bed before we return home from work today.

1 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Who could be mad at a face like that? So cute!

Jiminy aside, crickets are some butt-ugly creatures.

August 28, 2006 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home