Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Ordained and the One True Ring

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my wife - now an ordained minister! Woo! There she is in her robed glory with her dad.

The ordination service was Sunday up in Boston and it was beautiful. I cried through almost the whole thing. She's worked extremely hard for this day and all were happy to be there for this big step. Nothing like having a "the" and "Rev." before your name. :)

And then the rest of the weekend was really fun, too. It was like a family reunion. We ate lots of good food, saw some improv, wandered Boston as a tourist and more. It's always interesting to see a city as a tourist after having lived there for several years. I got to see some parts I never did while living there.

The weekend also boasted another giant highlight. What's that on my finger there in that photo? Why yes - it is an authentic 2004 Boston Red Sox World Series Championship Ring. And it's on my hand. A championship ring. From the 2004 Red Sox. On my hand.

How'd I swing that? Well my brother and I toured Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon. I've been to a couple games there before but have never really wandered the entire park. The tour is awesome and I would recommend it to any sports fan - whether you love baseball or the Sox or not. We got to sit in the Green Monster seats, then down right on the field.

The ring belonged to one of the tour guides/usher. You could tell he'd worked at Fenway for years and years. And after my brother asked him nicely, the usher let me put it on for a photo, so long as I promised to not show it to any other tour members lest he be pestered for the next hour to let other people wear it.

Man, the thing is HUGE. Weighs about 40lbs and is encrusted with jewels. I probably could've worn it as a bracelet, it was so big.

And so that was the #2 highlight of the weekend after my loving wife's awesome ordination. Super awesome. Amy is ordained, I wore a Sox ring, the Yanks get knocked out of the playoffs and the Steelers lost again (now 1 - 3, ha!). Most excellent!

4 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Congratulations to the Reverend Amy. What denomination is she?

October 11, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger H said...

United Church of Christ. http://www.ucc.org

October 12, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Cool.

The Citizen's working in Boston this week and the people at EMC were waxing poetic on the Red Sox. I told him, oh, on a blog I read, the writer just went there this past weekend. But neither one of us are baseball fans...

October 12, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I'm a little late, I know, but Congrats!

October 20, 2006 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home