Thursday, March 08, 2007

For those who know...

I am fortunate to have some really great friends in my life. A few I talk to regularly, and then a few others I talk to maybe every few weeks or so.

With any of them what I love is that even if we go for some extended period of time without chatting much, when we do talk again we can pick up again right where we left off. There's no awkward readjustment time. They also just seem to understand, you know? They know what I'm talking about, they know how I feel when I talk about something, and they can relate. Vice-versa. There's no explaining.

We'll email each other stuff we've written, or maybe we'll get random fun mix CDs in the mail from each other, or we'll send cookies, or I'll make my roaring dinosaur pen prank call them and hang up, or maybe we'll send each other one line emails of some silly old inside joke that we know will make the other person laugh. It's all worth some great laughs and smiles.

I love those friends and I hope they know it. I think I usually tell them that, but maybe I'll go email some people now. But you guys know who you are. Thanks for being super neat.

Anyway, I just felt like saying that today. Nothing like a sappy Hallmark card blog post, eh?

If this post didn't make you smile because you thought about similar friends you have, then please use this photo I recently took of some baby ostriches be your smile-inducer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Even though the message did make me smile, the ostriches somehow are still making me crack up-- I don't know why, but they're comical.

March 09, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

Equilibrium!

Love,
Amber

March 09, 2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger d said...

TRIM!!

(love you too) =)

March 09, 2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home