Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Why the privacy, yo?

Hi, if you're reading this, then you have super secret amazing access to my now private blog. All whopping nine of you. My readership numbers are amazing. Although, I didn't create a blog way back in 2001 (at another URL which then became this one in 2003) to try and make it become some super popular thing for lots of strangers to read about me. I started it for fun, to help me improve my creative writing and to update my friends and family on what's up with me life.

So why the privacy now? Because I've now officially started the job hunt, folks. I applied for a position with NPR.org this week. And despite having removed all references to my first and last name from this blog, this blog is still the first result to show up when you Google my name.

So, should the HR folks at NPR or other places I apply decide to google me, they might get some random blog address as a result (with no name on it), but they won't be able to read it. Also, it's not like I ever wrote anything bad or incriminating on here. I was always very careful to only talk generally about work, such as things about my work trips. I never bad-mouthed any coworkers or complained about anything. Yet still - I suppose someone could take my hating rats as a bad thing? I don't know, I'm just covering my arse.

And now I can be more open with you folks. Now I could start telling you how I really feel about my job at this point, but most of you know (it's negative because of a certain coworker) the situation already. Plus, I'm still a tiny bit paranoid that even though this blog is now invitation only - it could still get out and make me look bad. If you want the scoop and don't know it, email me.

Not sure what the complete future of this ol' blog will be. I may take it public again after a while, who knows? It's not going to become a job-bashing place, just another update on my life with random silly musings about rats in my car, old ladies scolding me and all the random other stuff going on for me. It's a nice writing outlet for me - as if I don't do enough writing already!

That's it for this update. Hope everyone is well. All nine of you.

7 Comments:

Blogger d said...

I'm honored to be one of the chosen 9! =)

Also, we may have some jobs here in NZ - wanna come over?

March 28, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I feel so popular! Whee!

March 28, 2007 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually now it's not just nine. Looks like a whole 12-13 people! Woo!
-Heather

March 29, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

I have a warm happy feeling in my belly right now. I can't tell if it's because you have included me, or if it's because I am a horrible person and I enjoy excluding others.

March 29, 2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger Eric M said...

Amber, it's the kittens you ate for lunch.

March 30, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

finally, now I can really tell you what I think, Heather>:)

April 01, 2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger a c said...

i am taking you off my links list. not because i don't love you, but for the privacy issues. let me know when you can be back there.

good luck with the job search! and i am willing to fly across country to slash the tires of any coworkers you so deem appropriate.

April 02, 2007 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home