Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Falwell

Jerry Falwell died. It's mean to be happy when someone dies because even if you don't like them at all and think they're ignorant, they still have family and friends who love them and care about them.

So I'm not happy Jerry Falwell is dead, not by any means. I'd be a liar though if I did not admit that when I first saw the news, I smiled just a little bit. Not because he deserved to die, or because I wanted those around him who like him to be unhappy. Rather, I was and still am happy that I will no longer have to hear the endless anti-gay BS he'd ramble on and on about.

I won't miss hearing anything he says, really. He made Christians look bad. He said AIDS is God's way of punishing gays. He blamed 9/11 on gays, feminists, the ACLU and a number of others. I could go on and on, but I won't.

A quote I saw that sums up my feelings on his death:

"Wow, he's sure going to be pissed off when he finds all those gay people up in heaven."

2 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

OK, I'm relieved you said it, because I had the same sort of reaction. I keep trying to convince myself that everyone deserves some dignity in dying-- but it's hard to uphold such a belief regarding someone who treated so many others with, to make an understatement, a complete lack of respect.

May 16, 2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger d said...

...or all those straight people in Hell....

Oh, and I'll say it: I'm happy. There. I'll be the bad guy. ;)

May 17, 2007 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home