Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Numbers
My Memorial Day Weekend Camping Trip by the numbers.

Trip goers: 4 - (Amy, Tara, Brenna and I)
Cars packed to the brim with camping gear: 1
Snakes seen: 1
Spiders seen: 6,873
Times Heather freaked out when she thought a spider was on her: 1
Times Heather freaked out when she thought a spider was on her but it was actually a grasshopper: 1

Miles hiked: A lot
Hours spent fishing: 4
Places around the lake that Heather went to fish: 10
Fish caught: 0
Fish caught by a 3-year-old boy near Heather in only five minutes: 1

Rainstorms: 1
Tents: 2
Leaking tents: 1
Loud barking dogs near our campsite: 34
Times Heather pointed out something about birds in a hugely nerdy manner: 5
Naps taken by Amy: At least 6

Kayaks rented: 3
Rocks climbed: 74
Human-Bear Interactions: 0
Signs seen about human-bear interaction: 3
Jokes made about human-bear interaction: 35

Giant logs carried back to campsite for burning: 2
Number of giant logs burned: 1/2
Bags of chips consumed: 2
Ears of corn offered to us by neighbors: 5

Karaoke songs sung by Amy and Heather before a state park audience: 1
Times Tara almost peed her pants laughing at kids singing grown-up karaoke songs: 1
Whoo, what a weekend! We had a great time, really. The weather was gorgeous and so was the state park. I loves me some camping and I'm glad Tara and Brenna thought us cool enough to spend another bit of vacation time with us.
I also finished book #19 of my "Get Off Your Lazy Ass and Read" campaign. I think since my last update on the reading campaign I've read two more Steinbeck books. What can I say, I love him. He's a great writer. I've also now read "Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass," which was sad but also really good.
I don't have time to write about it in this update, but I will soon have a whole other post about the craziness that's happened on our street in the past few weeks. It's like a big episode of COPS. Seriously. For a preview - just think of this: People attacking each other and a car with a hammer, and then a big explosion and fire four houses down from us. Don't worry, we're fine - we just can't wait til the idiot neighbors four homes down from us are finally evicted on Thursday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I wish we had a photo of the corn. That was delicious.

May 31, 2007 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home