Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Uh Oh - a list.

Obviously I've altered some of these just a bit.

Three things that scare me
1. Spiders
2. Being very, very close to moving trains
3. Being trapped in a public bathroom stall with those super loud flushing toilets


Four people who make me laugh
1. Steve Martin
2. My dad
3. My wife, Amy
4. My entire improv troupe (okay, that's probably cheating)

Four things I love
1. My family
2. Yardwork
3. Growing flowers and plants - the whole process
4. Washing cars

Three things I hate
1. Litter
2. Throwing up
3. Inconsiderate drivers

Three things I don't understand
1. Imaginary numbers (this math topic still haunts me from my high school pre-calc days)
2. Why people litter
3. The thought process of my boss

Three things on my desk
1. A dinosaur pen that glows and roar when you open its mouth
2. A talking Napoleon Dynamite figurine
3. A Cincinnati Bengals page-a-day calendar

Three things I want to do before I die
1. Write a book
2. Volunteer full-time for disaster recoveries across the US
3. Go hiking and camping in the back-country - not wussy drive-up camping like I do now.

Three things I can do
1. Tell you all about the many different types of weather patterns and disturbances in the US
2. Identify many types of birds by sight and/or song
3. Make people laugh

Three things I can't do
1. A cartwheel
2. Touch my toes without bending at the knees
3. Change the oil in my car (for shame!)

Three things I think you should listen to
1. The news, so you have an idea of what's going on
2. Your parents (unless they're total jerks who don't love you, of course)
3. Your spouse (unless s/he's a total jerk who doesn't love you, of course)

Two things you should never listen to
1. Anything from Focus on the Family
2. Any music by Rob Thomas

One thing I'd like to learn (but won't)
1. Calculus

Three shows I watched as a kid
1. Murphy Brown
2. GI Joe
3. Bugs Bunny cartoons

Three other things you might not know about me
1. I had an overbite until I got braces in the sixth grade. The majority of my school photos until then show it off very nicely.
2. While I ended up learning and playing the alto saxophone from fifth grade through senior year, it was my third choice. First choice: Trumpet - but too many people were playing it and I didn't want to be like everyone else. Second choice: Drums - but they didn't have enough drums for all the kids (they only had three!) and the rest had to play these dumb soundless drum pads. In the end, I'm glad I picked the sax, it has much more character and style to it.
3. I almost went to graduate school several years back and got a Masters of Science in Philanthropy and Media (focused on documentary film-making and helping spread the word about non-profits from around the world). The program was very new and the school it was with suddenly changed, and of course the year I applied they took too long to get their accreditation. Seriously, it took months, and by then I'd seen the opening for the job I have now and went for that instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home