Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweet
Woo, what a busy summer! In between being rejected from possible new jobs and working at a job that continuously pays me late, I've been swamped.

Maybe a tad bitter. That's alright, today is a great day and I will enjoy it. I give to you now some photos from a really fun whitewater kayak trip some friends and I took this past weekend. We went out to Harpers Ferry and did the 6 mile trip down the Shenandoah River and into the Potomac River. There were some really fun rapids, I think maybe Class III. Good times. I'd never done this type of kayaking before. I've only ever kayaked in nice calm lake. I have done river canoe trips, but they don't typically send you through rapids in those things.

Anyway, it was really fun and really tiring. I'd do it again in a hearbeat!

This summer has been a fun time of trying out different water activities. When Eric was in town a few weeks back, we went tubing. That was a blast - talk about a lazy river. And then this kayaking trip.

Okay, that's just two activities, but still - I'd never done them before and now I have. It counts.













































1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

tubing is fun. I haven't tried the kayaking at Harpers Ferry yet...smacks of effort.:)

August 29, 2007 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home