Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Update

I disappeared! All is well, don't worry. Here's what is going on:

-I just got my second job offer and I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to take it. It's with and I don't know why I would turn it down. Hooray!

-I may or may not have a kidney stone. I've done some tests and what not, with no conclusion yet. So now I have to go to a urologist and get a very, very unpleasant procedure done. Yeeesh. Sorry if that's TMI.

-I just finished book #34 in my yeard of "Get Off Your Lazy Ass and Read." To catch you up, the last few books I've read are "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker, "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut, and "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. I'm now reading "Farewell To Arms" by Ernest Hemingway.

"The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals that Protect us from Violence" was an excellent book and I recommend it to everyone - especially women. He talks about fear signals and intuition and how to use them to your benefit. He then applies those signs to situations with friends, strangers, people you date, coworkers and more. So it's about trusting your intuition when something doesn't feel right.

I make it sound very girly, but I really think men would benefit from reading it too. It discusses signs that friends or coworkers may present if things are about to get dangerous. Wow, I'm terrible at explaining it. Click here to read the description from Becker's website.

Anywho, an awesome book. "Slaughterhouse Five" and "Animal Farm" were both very good. I'd never been required to read them school, so I figured now was as good a time as any. I enjoyed them both.

I think that's it for now with my update. End blog silence!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

"The Gift of Fear" scared the crap out of me-- and I only read the intro! Looks like I got the message, though.

October 11, 2007 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home