Friday, March 14, 2008

Clothing that insults

Two clothing-related names that have bothered me for some time but I am only commenting on them now even though I'm sure others have done so 100s of times before me:

#1- Dress Barn. Why would you name a women's clothing store that? It brings up images of large livestock, or the idea that your ass is too wide to fit into a dress of normal size, so you need a dress the size of a barn.

#2- Sag Harbor. I know this is a real location up in Maine, but that doesn't mean you should attach it to a clothing line - and especially not to a line of women's clothing. This could be a used as an insult as well: "Man, that conference on menopause was a total Sag Harbor!" Try using it in a sentence today.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

I've always been grossed out by Dress Barn; in addition to the insulting quality of the name, it somehow brings up images of unflattering jumpers and big flower prints that are anything but flattering to anyone. Glad to know there are others who share my dissatisfaction.

March 15, 2008 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home