Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Laugh of the Day
I've both laughed at this today and been slightly scared. Is it good or bad when you find out that the business side of Al Qaeda operates similarly to your last job? Read more in the LA Times article here.

This is the section that solidifies it for me:
The shaggy, battle-scarred holy warriors of Afghanistan were micromanagers. They scrupulously documented logistical details -- one memo accounts for a mislaid Kalashnikov rifle and 125 rounds of ammunition. They groused and nagged about money.In a brief letter from the late 1990s, a militant wished Atef "Peace and God's mercy and blessings" and "praise to the Lord and salvation to his prophet." Then he got down to business: "I have not received my salary in three months and I am six months behind in paying my rent. . . . You also told me to remind you, and this is a reminder."

Ah, memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home