Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Pope and DC

As you've probably all heard by now, the Pope is in DC this week. I was concerned about how this would affect my train commute, but so far it's been fine...I suppose. Union Station was full of Catholic school girls yesterday morning (surreal), and then last night, lined up along my train's platform, were three or four Amtrak police officers holding machine guns.

I have not yet seen the Pope Mobile around DC, but he came close to our office. Also, inside media sources have let us know (coworker has a friend who works for a major network) that the Pope's Mercedes Pope Mobile truck only has a tape player in it. No jack for an MP3 player? Hmm.

Oh, and today he's in Nationals stadium for mass and I hear they're going to serve Communion to 40,000+ people in 15 minutes. Talk about miracles. The Nationals could use that kind of magic.

1 Comments:

Blogger d said...

It worries me when the pope himself is afraid to die...

April 18, 2008 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home